Our immunity system defends our body from viruses, bacteria, and pathogens. It also downgrades immune responses from harmless things like food and body tissues. For these things, we have a list of foods that can improve our immunity to fight attacks from harmless agents.
Foods Helpful in Boosting Your Immunity
- Citrus Fruits: These fruits are best to fight cold-causing viruses. They are instrumental in making white blood cells in the bloodstream, thus enhancing your immunity power to fight against these diseases. Grapes, oranges, tangerines, and lemons are the best citrus fruits.
- Broccoli: Broccoli has things like fiber and antioxidants that help your immune system. Remember, it’s better to eat broccoli that’s not cooked because it has more nutrients and vitamins compared to the cooked kind.
- Garlic: Many scientists have found that garlic fights infections, lowers blood pressure, and reduces the rate of hardening arteries. Garlic has high sulphuric compounds like allicin, which helps to boost immunity in us.
- Ginger: Ginger is also highly potent in boosting immunity. It helps in reducing inflammation, also reducing sore throat, and other inflammatory diseases. Studies show that ginger is best for fighting nausea, chronic pain, and cholesterol.
- Spinach: It consists of vitamins A and C, beta carotene, and a wide range of antioxidants. You should cook it less to get the best nutrients possible to boost your immunity.
- Yogurt: This food is the best source of vitamin D, which helps in fighting germs that cause diseases. You should consume raw yogurts instead of pre-flavored ones, which already have artificial sweetening. You can also add fruits, nuts, and a spoonful of honey to naturally flavor it.
- Turmeric: The most essential ingredient of every Indian dish and an anti-inflammatory agent. It also lowers damage to the muscles due to the high concentration of curcumin in it.
- Papaya: It is filled with Vitamin C and papain, a digestive enzyme, a natural anti-inflammatory agent in our body. You should consume papaya regularly to get a recommended intake of Vitamin C.
- Green Tea: It includes an antioxidant called flavonoids. It includes Epigallocatechin gallate that fight diseases, causing bacteria and viruses and Amino acids and L-theanine to fight germs.
- Sunflower Seeds: Sunflower seeds Include phosphorus, magnesium, B-6, etc. These nutrients help in maintaining and regulating our immune system.
Many of these foods are used as ingredients in Indian dishes. Various Indian Restaurant in Penrith use spinach, garlic, broccoli, and ginger to prepare dishes. These dishes not just provide you with essential nutrients, but they are delicious and will satisfy your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
Some of these dishes are also there at many Indian parties. The best Caterers in Penrith know the demand and specialty of these delicacies. Their presence adds more soul to these parties.
The health value and flavors of these dishes are remarkable. Hence, visit the Best Places to Eat At Penrith to experience the exquisite Indian cuisine at its best. Our experienced staff ensures the best experience and satsfactory service to the customers.