Indian food is a representation of the Indian cultures and traditions. Each dish gives us an idea of every Indian culture and has its own identity. Indian cuisine also plays an essential role in festivities and celebrations in the country. You can order these dishes at Indian Restaurants in Penrith.
If you plan a celebration like a big fat Indian wedding, you hire Caterers in Penrith for the task. They plan and complete the celebration party to ensure your party is a great success.
Although Indian cuisine is known to have a good amount of fat, spice, salt, and sugar, you can still get healthy dishes from them. These dishes can also be ordered from the Best Places To Eat At Penrith, which are:
- Roti: it is an unleavened flatbread made without yeast. You make roti from whole wheat flour and consume it with other dishes. You finish a roti by tearing off a piece of it, scooping it with other food, and then eating it. An average roti has 3 grams (g) of protein and 4g of fiber. The fiber in whole wheat flour is prebiotic, which contains beneficial bacteria for gut health. Hence, roti is a healthy dish.
- Chana Masala: this dish consists of chickpeas(also called Chana in Hindi) simmered in a sauce made of onions, tomato, and spices. Consumption of chickpeas is known to lower the danger of diseases like obesity and type 2 diabetes. It has even been shown to improve your heart health due to plant protein and fiber. Hence, Chana masala is an excellent option in Indian cuisine.
- Rajma: Rajma is an Indian dish filled with plant protein and fiber. Also known as kidney beans, rajma contains many antioxidants, which help you fight compounds like free radicals associated with aging and diseases.
- Daal: Lentils, or daal in Hindi, are rich in plant proteins, fiber, and prebiotic carbohydrates. Daal helps you in avoiding diabetes, cancers, and cardiovascular diseases. You make a daal from cooked lentils boiled with spices and garnished with cilantro. Hence, daal is a perfect health food.
- Baingan Bhadta: You make this dish from an oven-roasted eggplant, peeled, mashed, and cooked with spices, tomatoes, and garlic. Eggplants are known to have a vast amount of fiber, antioxidants and are low in carbohydrates. This makes Baingan bhadta a healthy dish for you.
- Aloo Gobi: Aloo Gobi is a dish featuring potatoes (aloo in Hindi) and Cauliflower (Gobi in Hindi). You cook Aloo Gobi with onions and spices like cumin seeds, turmeric, and chili. Cauliflower is known to be an anticancer vegetable due to the presence of isothiocyanates in them. You can add a generous amount of turmeric, making aloo gobi a healthy dish.
- Tandoori Chicken: It is a non-veg dish, which you marinate with yogurt and spices, and cook over a clay oven known as Tandoor. It is a much healthier alternative to the Chicken tikka masala. Due to the presence of yogurt, you get extra protein with it.
Hence, these are the healthy Indian dishes you can enjoy without worrying about health.