Panner or cottage cheese is a versatile kind of cheese, and it is also filled with calcium and protein. Paneer is a must have item for every North Indian Restaurant in Penrith.
100 g of paneer contains 11 g of protein. Having all the nutritional content made this vegetarian treat popular around the world. Paneer is used to make snacks and main source cuisines or some desserts too.
For example, Punjabi cuisine is filled with rich and creamy Indian paneer gravy. Paneer Pakoras are perfect snacks with tea and flavourful creamy paneer butter masala. Following are traditional Indian paneer recipes that everybody should need to try.
Every rich and creamy food is not greasy. Paneer pieces are mixed with various spicy butter, tomatoes, and crisp onions to create a traditional Indian stew. Satisfy your hunger with filling cuisine, best served with roti or rice.
Paneer makhani is very popular and the favourite of many.
Paneer Makhani Ingredients :
- Tomatoes ( Quartered sliced
- Fresh cream
- Green cardamoms
- Turmeric powder
- Green coriander & ginger chopped
- Rock salt
- Kashmiri red chilli
- Black peppercorns
- Cumin seeds
Cooking method for Paneer Makhani :
- Boil tomato, nuts and cashews in water for 10 minutes
- Make tomato paste
- Heat cumin seeds, cloves, green cardamom and black peppercorns in hot oil
- Make a paste of spices and add Kashmiri chilli powder to it.
- Simmer the sauce over high flame for 10 to 12 minutes
- Cut paneer into cubes and combine it with smooth gravy
- Use fresh and finely chopped coriander for garnishing.
Dum Paneer Kali Mirch :
Black pepper is used to enhance the flavour of aromatic curry. This dish is a perfect choice for dinner parties and never fails to satisfy taste buds. This dish is cooked in a pressure cooker and allows steam to escape. Looking for delightful options? Explore the world of Caterers in Penrith for a culinary experience like no other!
A wonderful and popular dish to impress your guests at family functions.
Ingredients for Dum Kali Mirch
- Green cardamom
- Onion ( fried till brown )
- Pepper powder
- Garam masala
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Ginger garlic paste with chilies
Recipe for Dum Paneer Kali Mirch
- Add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon to heated oil to produce a fragrant dish
- Heat onion paste until it becomes tender.
- Combine green chilli, ginger, garlic, and green chilli paste. Mix it and saute.
- Add a pinch of salt
- Heat cottage cheese cubes with cream in water until it melts.
- Cover the lid and close it with aluminium foil.
- Lower the heat for around 15 minutes.
- The dish is ready, but if you want it dry, boil it for a few more minutes and add salt if necessary. Garnish it with coriander and mint leaves.
Paneer Pakodas :
Apart from paneer gravy, paneer pakoras are a popular choice in many families at tea time. These golden brown deep-fried pakoras are a favourite treat in many Indian families. Serves best with sour and spicy mint chutney.
On rainy days, Paneer Pakodas are a choice with tea.
Ingredients for Paneer Pakoda –
- Red chilli powder
- Green chilli
- Refined oil
- Coriander powder
- Turmeric powder
Recipe for Paneer Pakoda-
- Take a bowl and stir besan, red chilli powder, green chilies, coriander powder, salt to taste, and turmeric powder.
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Put oil into the pan and heat it.
- Pour the blended paneer into oil and deep fry it till golden brown.
- Best when served hot
Craving for delectable paneer cuisines and snacks, you can visit Spicy Sizzlers, one of the Best Places To Eat At Penrith.